1. You must be performing your normal activities for coverage to become effective. If answers to medical questions are unfavorable, then full underwriting may be required and coverage is subject to approval of insurer.
2. Grief Counseling and Funeral Planning Assistance are provided through an agreement with LifeWorks US Inc. LifeWorks is not an affiliate of MetLife, and the services LifeWorks provides are separate and apart from the insurance provided by MetLife. LifeWorks has a nationwide network of over 30,000 counselors. Counselors have master’s or doctoral degrees and are licensed professionals. The Grief Counseling program does not provide support for issues such as: domestic issues, parenting issues, or marital/relationship issues (other than a finalized divorce). This program is available to insureds, their dependents and beneficiaries who have received a serious medical diagnosis or suffered a loss. Events that may result in a loss are not covered under this program unless and until such loss has occurred.
3. Will preparation and MetLife Estate Resolution Services are offered by MetLife Legal Plans, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. In certain states, legal services benefits are provided through insurance coverage underwritten by Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and affiliates, Warwick, Rhode Island. For New York-sitused cases, the will preparation service is an expanded offering that includes office consultations and telephone advice for certain other legal matters beyond will preparation. Tax planning and preparation of living trusts are not covered by the will preparation service. Certain services are not covered by estate resolution services, including matters in which there is a conflict of interest between the executor and any beneficiary or heir and the estate; any disputes with the group policyholder, MetLife and/or any of its affiliates; any disputes involving statutory benefits; will contests or litigation outside probate court; appeals; court costs, filing fees, recording fees, transcripts, witness fees, expenses to a third party, judgments or fines; and frivolous or unethical matters.
4. The Accelerated Benefits Option (ABO) is subject to state availability and regulation. The ABO benefits are intended to qualify for favorable federal tax treatment, in which case the benefits will not be subject to federal taxation. This information was written as a supplement to the marketing of life insurance products. Tax laws relating to accelerated benefits are complex and limitations may apply. You are advised to consult with and rely on an independent tax advisor about your own particular circumstances. Receipt of ABO benefits may affect your eligibility, or that of your spouse or your family, for public assistance programs such as medical assistance (Medicaid), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Supplementary Social Security Income (SSI) and drug assistance programs. You are advised to consult with social service agencies concerning the effect that receipt of ABO benefits will have on public assistance eligibility for you, your spouse or your family.
5. Subject to state law, and/or group policyholder direction, the Total Control Account is provided for all Life and AD&D benefits of $5,000 or more. The TCA is not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any government agency. The assets backing TCA are maintained in MetLife’s general account and are subject to MetLife’s creditors. MetLife bears the investment risk of the assets backing the TCA and expects to earn income sufficient to pay interest to TCA Accountholders and to provide a profit on the operation of the TCAs.
6. Services and discounts are provided through a member of the Dignity Memorial® Network, a brand name used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that are affiliates of Service Corporation International (together with its affiliates, “SCI”), 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. The online planning site is provided by SCI Shared Resources, LLC. SCI is not affiliated with MetLife, and the services provided by Dignity Memorial members are separate and apart from the insurance provided by MetLife. Not available in some states. SCI offers planning services, expert assistance, and bereavement travel services to anyone regardless of affiliation with MetLife. Discounts through Dignity Memorial’s network of funeral providers have been pre-negotiated. Not available where prohibited by law. If the group policy is issued in an approved state, the discount is available for funeral services held in any state except KY and NY, or where there is no Dignity Memorial presence (AK, MT, ND, SD, and WY). For TN, the funeral services discount is available for “At Need” services only. Not approved in AK, FL, KY, MT, ND, NY and WA.
Term Life coverage not available in AK, ME, NH, NM, OR, or UT. AD&D coverage not available in AK, MD, ME, NH, NM, OR, UT, or WA. Please contact Member Benefits at 1-800-282-8626 for more information.
This group plan is made available to APA Members through the American Association of Business Networking (ABN). In order to take advantage of the competitive coverage within this insurance marketplace, participation in this plan requires ABN membership. Joining the ABN will be integrated within the agreement during the enrollment process. There will be no outside solicitation from, or interaction with, the ABN as a result of purchasing this selected group plan.
Like most insurance policies, insurance policies offered by MetLife and its affiliates contain certain exclusions, exceptions, reductions, limitations, waiting periods and terms for keeping them in force. Please contact Member Benefits at 1-800-282-8626 for costs and complete details.
Download the MetLife Privacy Notice.
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company | 200 Park Avenue | New York, NY 10166
LD# L1220009507[exp1222][All States][DC,GU,MP,PR,VI] © 2020 MSS